Reflections

Saturday, September 09, 2006

9 Sep 2006
A Movie

Plan to catch 'The Devil Wears Prada' which is recommended by kaka, but decided to put on hold. Recently added my primary school friend on MSN and chatted with her till about 4am (we are both night owls haha) and she commented that 'The Host' is a good show with a fusion of horror, comedy, sadness and touching.

My first reaction was, how can it be??

How can a movie be scary, yet funny and touching at the same time???

Since its also highly recommended by DJs, I have decided to foot the expensive weekend movie ticket to give myself a treat before i get real busy in the coming weeks.

Personally i feel that the show aint scary, just that the monster is gross.

I think I'm too sad to laugh at those exaggerated parts. How could they laugh when deaths were concerned? Too exaggerated.

This movie made me reflect a lot about the world.

The elder gal took care of a little boy and sacrifice her life though he was just a stranger to her. In the adult world, will this exist among two strangers?

The will to live and the spirit to fight on. To try and try no matter how difficult or unfavourable the situation is to you. The important thing is you try, and the results doesnt really matter.

Even if the whole world doesnt believe you nor stand by you, you have to be strong and fight your way through.

Often, you have to do things against your will, especially when it is instructed by someone with higher authority.

Its really a sad show and I dont like the ending coz its too comical for me. I admire the gal's bravery and cant help to show my empathy towards the guy, who gets injection and drilling for no reason. I can feel his helplessness, and i'm feeling negative towards all who dont believe him.

In fact, I'm feeling sad for the monster too. I mean, who wants to be a monster? the monster is created due to the negligence, or rather i should say the mean act of humans, who knew the consequences of pouring chemicals into the river but chose to turn a dead ear towards advice. so at the end of the day, who should we blame for such causes?

Though its just a movie, I still wish for a happier ending, with the gal alive bringing the little kid to her grocery stall eating the food that were once on their 'food list'. for the little kid, sausages and cup noodles. for the gal, cold wine.

1 Comments:

  • hahaz..i din expect u wil hv so much thoughts aft u watched it. When u told me thru online, i m shocked. Hwever, i did agreed w/ u. hehee...tk cr..

    By Blogger ssmkj リムユーティン, At 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home