Reflections

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

27 Mar 06
Spring Quarter Begins!

happily turned up for my HR class as this is my first, as well as the last HR modules to be taken in UW. kinda excited about meeting students from the same field as well as the exposure of how HR is taught differently in UW as compared to NTU.

we were required to form our group members during the first class and thick-skinned, i approached a group in front of me and ta-da! i'm offically part of their group =)

as the HR cohort is really small, say probably less than 50 students, each HR module only offers one class, which means there isnt a need to fight for places since there's bound to be enough for all HR students. this saves the hassle of time table planning too. and everyone knows anyone, its just like a small family.

so after my HR is advertising class, which required some degree of courage for me to take it. just ask me about any US advertisements and i can only tell you those miserable few (but awesome) ad that i saw during the superbowl. with a 0.000000001% (pls include ads from superbowl) exposure of the market, its where learning totally begins afresh!

totally clueless about the examples that were raised during discussion, but luckily i had jack with me hahaha. managed to convinvce him that advertising is THE subject to take. the best part about this class is i get to watch many ad clips in class! i figured thats the best exposure to the creating market when there's no tv back in my apartment.

went to sit in the consumer behavior class as its directly after my advertising class... saw several familiar faces from my ad class.

oh and did i mention that my earliest class is 1030am? grins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home