Reflections

Saturday, September 09, 2006

6 Sept 2006
McDonalds Accross Borders

For my AB311 strategic management class, the McDonald's team did a wonderful job by cracking us with the Ronald McDonald's look alike, as well as leaving our stomach contented with muffins. While reading the case, I was relating a lot to the McDonalds which I have tried in both US and Canada, and compare the differences across countries. Of course, McGriddles would come into play since its the 'ambassador' of McDonalds, and suddenly I miss the taste of it. Ah... Just couldn't get enough of it! And not forgetting to give credits to the USD1 burger!!!

And so, pork nuggets from Hong Kong came into play as well. However, I asked my Hong Kong friend whether there's any pork nuggets over there and he claimed none. Hmm.. weird... wait till i touch down to Hong Kong one day and grab one of their McDonalds staff to track down the whereabouts of mr pork nuggets haha.

Whenever McGriddles came into discussion, I would always remember Mark - a guy who has never tried McGriddles in his life time and i actually have to persuade him to try it before i leave! ok he did try in the end, but he said nothing fantastic. in fact its too oily for him. I hope he will like our singapore stingray when he dropped by here some day.

and so, look what we have over there. McDonalds in New York that sell donuts! And what specialty does our local McDonald offer? shaker fries? or is the past mr kiasu burger formulated by them? hmm.. i guess it would be really interesting to critically compare the product varieties under the same company, but located world wide. Imagine McDonalds in Japan that sell wasabe burger!!! that's just my imagination...

so from McDonalds we digress into Wal-mart, K-mart and Target. oh ya, i saw Target in Funan IT Mall... but of course, it aint the same Target. But surprisingly, the logo is the same!

I'm looking forward to the KFC team presentation... for me to relate to the KFC in US, as well as my advertising class =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home