Reflections

Thursday, August 09, 2007

9 August 07
Some Happenings in the month of July


14 July 07
HSBC Treetop Walk


This weekend is going to be an adventurous one! Time for my lazy bones to be in action and embrace the nature once again heehee! I have always wanted to pay the HSBC Treetop Walk a visit and finally, I'm going to land my foot there!


Breakfast in the reservoir... food taste especially good haha


So touristy eh? Must take a photo at the entrance haha.


The treetop walk. Not as exciting as I thought it would be. Felt the same as walking on normal ground.


At jelutong Tower having some nonsense of fun


Cheers to us conquering 10km of walk hahaha! This includes trekking, avoiding the monkeys (for Hui Ling), getting lost ( a little), lots of talking (which scares the animals away), mistaken one animal as err.... Can expect our muscles will be aching like crazy soon haha!

15 July 07
Cycling in Pulau Ubin

For somebody that has not the slightest clue on the theory of balancing, cycling in Pulau Ubin requires someone in front to do the act of balancing and with me behind contributing to the screams when going downhill heehee. Thanks to my partner vince, we, lite speed duo manage to conquer cycling albeit with some blue blacks and mosquitoes bite haha.


One of the rest point hearing David for de-brief haha. So typical of him =p

After we cycled for hours, we were rewarded with sumptuous seafood and desserts haha! What an adventurous weekend for me embracing the nature with different bunch of people. Its good to do this once in a while heehee. Now, when shall be the time to conquer the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve? Hmm...


The Pulau Ubin gang taking a group shot before we took the ferry back to mainland.



17 July 07
Sleeping in the Theatre

Went over to The Cathay, otherwise known as Cathy Cathy by the other half of lite speed duo, to catch The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros. This movie requires a lot of my attention span that half way through the show, I kinda doze off a little heehee. Its been quite some time since I last slept in a cinema le. Nevertheless, I like the way the show is being filmed, just that I need to sleep more next time before I head to the cinema heh.


Joke of the day: Lite speed duo asked me whether I want some chilli for my dim sum. I said yes, just 一点。 He really gave me just 一点, one drop of chilli literally! I just stared at the one drop of chilli, dont know to laugh or to ???? Next time I shall request for 一大点! One big drop of chilli haha!

21 July 07
D for Donut!

This is the second time my year 1 roomie and I baked together heehee. We were quite enthusiastic at the beginning, afterwhich we became bored with making the donuts and simply finished the flour by rolling them into small 'ball-lah' (name given by my roomie) altogether.


Who says donut must be round? I dont care... I want it to be of all sizes!


22 July 07
3 Events in a Day

Went to Marina Square Kenny Rogers to have a gathering with the OVE gang before they fly over to the Philippines tomorrow. Bon voyage! May the trip be a fulfilling and rewarding one and safety first! See ya all when back! =D

Next, went to watch The Seagull at the esplanade with Sheila. We couldn't believe our luck as they changed our seats for the better and we found ourselves just about 10 rows away from the stage at the ground level! However, as the show was mainly dialogue and I was too tired running about, I doze off haha! Not surprising right?

Right after the show, I fly over to town to meet the Taiwan gang for dinner. The food was bad, but luckily the company more than compensate the food.

27 July 07
3 Events in a Day (Again!)

Interview in the morning... followed by watching Harry Potter with the Taiwan dudes in the afternoon. Slept more than half of the show coz I was super duber tired, and not to mention that I just had lunch before entering the theatre haha. Apparently i fall asleep during the exciting parts, and was so awake at the boring parts that I fall asleep again... like a cycle man. At the end of the show, I couldnt make head and tail of it, so I guess you could say that I have never watched Harry Potter before haha.

My first time to Holland V with the GIP gals! Didnt manage to catch the windmill over there... coz I have always wanted to see for myself whether there is really a windmill in Holland V heehee. We had mexican food for dinner, which were pretty similar back to the mexican food that we had in the states. Dessert was at Cold Rock, kinda disappointed because it taste pretty normal to me. Cold Stone was soooo much better in my opinion heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home